Friday, May 3, 2013

Nifty Nifty Look Who's [punch in face]

I know it's just a number, but it seems pretty signifcant: as of this morning, I have reached 50 lbs lost overall since late October 2012.

Thanks. I will.


Duse helpfully researched for me when I told her last night, so I would like everyone to know that not only am I down 2+ bags of kitty litter, I'm also down 2 hay bales (she did not specify round or square, Dad, so I don't know and don't ask), a lawn mower (I'm guess a push mower, not a rider), a window AC unit (reminder to self: I need a window AC unit for this summer), or 7 to 8 large college textbooks.

Take that, Oprah's wheelbarrow full of butter!


I think that more than the number, it's encouraging how my thought process around exercise has changed: even though I was doing fine on calories yesterday, when I missed my functional training class--because I am a bonehead and REALLY need to start putting the times on my Googledy Calendar--I could have headed home to the couch. Instead, I jogged the 1/2 mile to Chase to deposit a check, then walked over to Wells Park and did three laps around the jogging/walking path, which seemed to work out to a mile or so, then walked home. Then I did the Bethany Frankel strength training portion of her Skinnygirl Yoga DVD with my 5 lb hand weights (which Bethany points out is a LOT, and it is).

I called this photo "Fireplug Katherine Hepburn"; raaaaaaaaaaaaahlly I am
I was telling Kristen this morning that Katherine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story had a big impact on me as a teenager. I thought it was so glamorous when she showed up in tailored horse-riding gear. So I try to dabble in a version of that look, even though I do not have striking cheekbones and am very clearly not 5'8" tall. Also, I am not from the East Coast. Also, I am kind of afraid of horses.

The orange ruffled shirt is from Target via Duse, and I absolutely freaking love it. Over it, I'm wearing a Banana Republic blazer with very preppy crown-embossed buttons I bought off eBay for $6.50. Bootcut jeans from Old Navy so I can wear my ankle boots... I didn't go so far as to get knee-high equestrian rider boots (yet).

So my plans for tonight are to volunteer at PAWS and then meet Jimmy Stewart out by the pool...


9 comments:

  1. //So my plans for tonight are to volunteer at PAWS and then meet Jimmy Stewart out by the pool...//

    Meeting Jimmy Stewart (anywhere) is always a good plan!

    Yay for all the hay bales and kitty litter and all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robbie! I mean, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Cary Grant, but Jimmy's got a way that moves me; I don't know what it is, et cetera, something something.

      Delete
  2. You're looking pretty yar, there, lady. Also lit from within, etc.

    50 pounds is an amazing achievement. That's like ten of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like to imagine you wrapped that up with a rousing rendition of "Lydia the Tattooed Lady."

      And looking at that giant Gummy Baerchen made me say "Hork!" out loud.

      Delete
    2. Visualize that the ten giant gummy bears were alive, and they attacked you, clamping onto your limbs and torso, and you fought them off one by one.

      Delete
  3. \o/ Save Cary Grant for me! Also I love the color of that ruffly shirt - it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, thanks, thanks! And sure thing re: Cary Grant. I'm sure that can be arranged (with God or St. Peter or whoever).

      Delete
  4. Hurray! Congratulations!

    You could totally rock equestrian boots. You need foot protection to kick the horses away from you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I may have "accidentally" purchased some knee-length brown boots that, while not strictly horse-riding boots, would be handy for kicking away horses.

      And thank you muchly! Have fun on your trip!

      Delete