Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"No, there is too much... let me sum up."

(And if you're one of those people who thinks Princess Bride quotes are played out, booooooooooooooooo.)

I've neglected this booger lately, but as Inigo Montoya said, "Buttercup marry Humperdinck in little over half an hour so all we have to do..."

JK LOL [picture of Grumpy Cat]

Plum's secret shame is that dwarfism runs in her family too
(it just doesn't give her a frowny face) (well...)
What I've been up to:
1) Studying for, then taking the PHR certification test. Good news: looks like I passed!
2) Training for the Frank Lloyd Wright 10K, which I'm running with Mike and Kate. I'm up to 51 minutes of running with little 1-minute walking breaks mixed in; I can't even believe it sometimes.
3) Fostering Miss Mandell-- she is a lovely, shy cat, and I say this with all due respect and love but: when she sits around the house, she sits around the house. You know, like Big Mama. Or Big Momma. Or your momma.
But seriously, look at her face; after you make air-kissy noises, please  submit an interest form to PAWS
4) Getting the results of my two-month participation in "bootcamp" (or functional/metabolic training) at LadyGym: my BMI is now Regular Overweight instead of Obese! So I no longer sit around the house, which is great news heading into my doctor's appointment this Friday. Overall I'm down 54.5 lbs, so I only have 14 more to go before my first goal is complete.

This is a very cat-centric post: the one outfit pic I have from the past few weeks that is not a not-a-selfie-to-avoid-Kristen's-wrath photo are the ones Catt (!) took of me in the Asos Curve cat sweater I had from Gwynnie Bee this week...

Catt's direction to me appears to have been: "Be all, like,  'What?  Shut up. That's what I thought.'"

We saw this chalk drawing outside a friend's apartment and fell in love
Me with Princess Butterscotch Belly aka Ollie, Catt the Photographer's beauty

It is such a fun sweater I'm tempted to go and buy it (while I'm deciding, I'm holding onto it for this weekend). I worried a little that wearing it with those Martin Fit Banana Republic pants and flats would be a little Taylor Swifty, but as someone at Sunday evening's gathering said, in order to truly look Taylor Swifty, I would have been wearing white foundation, dark eyeliner, and a bright red lipstick. Eek. The mere thought of that look on me makes me think:
I knew she was trouble when she walked in/so shame on me no-o-ow

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the running time and weight loss! You're an inspiration for me to get back to where I was a few years ago--I had lost 65 lb. and ran a 10k (in about 65 minutes, I might add). If you love it you should get the sweater; you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and this may cause a rift between us, but I hate "Princess Bride." Maybe I was too old and jaded the first time I saw it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Oh, Sarah, there are so many other things to fight about. I mean, it's not like you sassed "The Simpsons."

      I actually think there's a big difference between disliking or hating something and doing that whole "Oh, I'm SO over that. It jumped the shark." malarkey.

      I know you can totally do it again. I imagine it's so much harder when you've got work and family obligations. I'm single and spoiled and easily able to focus time on gym shenanigans. But if you ran a 10K, I bet I'll be hearing that you've burned through Couch to 5K again before too long.

      Delete