Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Friday!

An unfortunate combination of events:

  1. My recent journey through eBay has given me the insight that I love skirts.
  2. I work four blocks from a Loft
So as you can see, I was defenseless against this happy pink skirt:
Not my office, though I am now considering buying an art print of my own.
The top is Loft too (another "whoops, I was going to get my prescription at the neighboring CVS, and they're having a 30% off sale!" purchase), but I'm beginning to size out of it. Luckily, Kristen taught me about belts and belting billowy shirts last weekend, so I'm hoping to get a few more wears out of this cute flowered top before I have to hand it over to her (hee hee, such a sacrifice, when she has literally given me an entire wardrobe in the past three years).

I know I said I was going to wear eBay purchases this week, so here's my other happy spring skirt, a Talbots pencil skirt I got for $16:
The green Coach purse to my left is not mine, but if she drops her guard, it will be...

I never thought I'd see the day I wore a skirt to work once in a month, much less twice in the same week. And now eBay is sending me a marketing e-mail with "fashion suggestions for me." You're not helping, eBay. You're not helping at all.



This week, I'm down 4 lbs for a total weight loss of 44.5 lbs. As Catt helpfully points out, that is two bags of kitty litter! Hard to believe I've shed two bags of kitty litter from my body. No wonder I don't have heartburn six days out of seven and also smell a whole lot less like kitty litter (probably still a little, though).

In exercise news, the LadyGym bootcamp is crazy popular, so between full classes and my overbooked week, I'm only going to be able to go twice. However, I'm very excited for tomorrow morning; I only recently stop having good-workout pain in my butts and my upper arms.

In the meantime, I've reached the end of the road with Couch to 5K: day 3 of week 8 is run for 30 minutes, and after that, it's go-go-gadget-5K! So I'm going to spend the next few weeks before Ravenswood 5K working on bettering my time and running outside as the weather improves. And I finally have a hoodie! Which means pockets for keys and my cell phone (which is such a piece of shit, so I think trying to MapMyRun is a pipe dream, but I'm going to give it a try)! Also, I'd like to get a small MP3 player that is compatible with my Amazon Cloud, so if anyone has any awesome suggestions that are not Apple products, I'm all ears.


I had my first Level 2 Lead shift at PAWS, which means I'm in charge of closing duties and telling other volunteers what to do. Luckily, one of the old salt Level 2 volunteers was there, so I got told how to tell other people what to do. I like training wheels like that.

My favorite PAWS kitty right now is Mandell (her bio is here). She's a big juicy bean-bag chair of a cat, and her "behavioral" marker is sort of puzzling, as she's never given me a moment of sass when I've visited with her. After I'm done fostering Tux Bucks, if she's still there, I might be her holiday foster for a month.

Tux is great, but it'll be nice to be kitten-free for a while. He's going to make some family very happy with his capering, but at my house, full of adult cats and adult me, his energy level can be a bit taxing. I understand why Trumper is alternately curious and annoyed.

7 comments:

  1. Forget kitty litter. It seems that you have lost somewhere between a five- and six-year old CHILD! (It's my goal to lose around an Olsen twin.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee! Well, I have kitty litter in the house; children less so. ;-)

    And I believe you and I have a similar goal. I have to check in around 65+ lbs to see how I'm looking, as I'll be a weight I haven't been since high school, and see how much further I want to go from there. But yeah: Olsen twin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are KILLING those skirts. Damn.

    We will do more belt lessons this weekend. I think you are ready for the advanced class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! I don't want to wear a belt as a headband!

    (And thank you: I really like those skirts a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to say that all your thriving and blogging and introspecting is making me really happy for you.

    Also, nice skirts!

    ReplyDelete