Friday, March 29, 2013

Highlights (not for kids) and lowlights (also not for kids)

Highlights:

1) Had dinner with Mary when she stopped into Chicago for the night! We went to Pizza Art (whose website has apparently been captured in amber circa 1996), then picked up dessert at Cafe Selmarie.

2) After deciding I needed to incorporate eBay and thrifting more into my plan for managing my clothing situation, I discovered a lost treasure in my hamper:
Hair: slightly crazy. Shirt: slightly crooked. Picture: perfect.
The fluttery white top is from the Ann Taylor Outlet in Pleasant Prairie (which is conveniently located steps from a Culver's). I think I abandoned it to Ye Horrifying Laundry Pile--no picture of that; much like Sasquatch, it is rumored to exist and to stink--because as pretty as it was, it was tight across my stomach. That's no longer a problem, and I really loved it with the Ann Taylor green cardigan that Kristen gave me as a hand-me-down about two years ago.

The necklace is one of the 1 1/2 successes I had stopping by Plato's Closet on Broadway. Apparently, that's a store for "twentysomethings," which is to say, "90% of the sizes are smalls or Juniors, so take your giant rack elsewhere, old lady." I also bought a Charlotte Russe tank in XL, which I thought would be a great layering piece... then I got it home and realized it had a convenient cutout where a gal's tramp stamp resides. Hence the 1/2 of a success. I might dowdy that up next week and put a nice bulky cardigan over it. Take that, Youth of America!

I guess I will continue my thrifting at Goodwill and Brown Elephant and wherever Kate and I decide to go in the city.

3) I continued my Couch to 5K training...

Lowlights:

1) ... though I have had minimal success running the full 25 minutes without a 90-second walking break. I'm going to try again tonight, but I noticed this morning that my knees were sort of stiff and crabby. I will do lots of stretching before I clamber onto the treadmill.

2) Also, I didn't go to BodyFit on Monday. Or do much strength training at all.

3) Also, I managed to gain a pound this week, even though I stayed within calories. I'm going to blame this on The Time of the Month that should be showing up any minute now, and not on the pizza I ate last night. I would never blame pizza. I love pizza. It was thin-crust pizza. It was like Loaf of Bread Papa John's or anything.

Uh, also I had half a lemon tart. And half an order of the Lasagna Art (phyllo dough and ground beef and some sort of rich yogurt sauce).

Soooooo... probably need to not do that right before technical weigh-in day. I'm going to weigh in again on Sunday, just to see.

Happy Friday, one and all!

2 comments:

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous and you're doing great! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of places we can try for thrifting up here. Also, there is Ross and Marshalls and TJ Maxx...

    Sometimes you just have a gain, even when you are doing things right. The body needs to adjust. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete