Monday, March 11, 2013

It would have been the BEST if Michelle Obama had shown up during the "Stronger" number...

Do you remember the Presidental Physical Fitness test? The one you took in middle school, particularly the one you took after you'd blossomed into a C cup and you were more concerned with trying to control the wild undulations of puberty's gift than with making any kind of time for a mile?

I know that wasn't just me. Sometimes it feels like it was just me, though.

I wish I could run it again. Not only because I've had 20+ years to adjust to puberty's gift--thanks, Gaia of Lilith Fair, they got even bigger; not necessary--but because I managed to run almost 2 miles yesterday, and I feel as though I deserve a certificate graced with the signature of the President of the United States.

I would have even settled for everyone busting into a choreographed dance to Britney Spears's "Stronger" (what was on my Fire Kindling as I walked into the locker room afterwards), to be honest. Instead, I just got a good feeling inside. I guess that's an okay reward.

(I would have preferred a choreographed dance number...I've always wanted one of those.)

Later on, at home, when I tried to do a side plank, I felt far less triumphant. Damn the planks! Damn all the planks!
**************************************
I am fostering a kitten for the first time. His name is Otter (profile here). He's a snuggler, first and foremost, and while he's playful, he's not as berserk as I was fearing a kitten might be. Trumper would very much like to groom him and roll him around, and I believe in Trumper's powers of persuasion, so hopefully there will be cute snuggling pictures before my 1.5 weeks are up.
***************************************
I wish one of my real-time friends were watching Justified. Because this season has been so crazy good, and I want to talk to someone about it. More specifically, I'd like someone to listen to my theory that Ron Eldard grew his hair out for Super 8, decided it looked really, really cool, and just started showing up to auditions with his modified Shaun Cassidy 'do. If I were a casting agent, I'd be like, "Ron, when you return to your Shep-on-ER haricut circa mid-'90s, then we'll talk. Until then, you will only be qualified to play weird, violent drug addicts. Best of luck to you."

1 comment:

  1. Ha, you TOTALLY deserve a President's Fitness award. I remember them well!

    Otter looks very cute. Enjoy the cuddling while you can.

    ReplyDelete